Thursday, December 4, 2014

#‎Day14‬ | Moment Of Courage | 
This was moments before placement happened. I don't think I felt an ounce of courage that day. In fact I don't think I've ever felt so weak, so scared and so unsure of my ability to do something, than I did at that time. But regardless of my fears and doubts I did it. I followed through, I survived, and I'm ok! In fact I'm better for it! Never in my wildest dreams did I think that was possible. I may have not felt courageous but the definition of the word courage means: "the ability to do something that frightens you". Adoption terrified me! After reading that I think courage perfectly defines adoption for both birth parents and adoptive couples. Neither title comes without pain, sorrow and sleepless nights. Adoption is rarely "plan A". It's not a choice that is made easily. Adoption has touched my life in so many ways, one is being surrounded by so many courageous and inspiring people! 

‪#‎Day13‬ | Openness |



The openness of my adoption is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Not only do I get to gain a relationship with the sweetest girl in the world! But I get to observe her relationship strengthen with her incredible parents and adorable sister. I wish I had a picture of all of us together but unfortunately I don't. But I couldn't love them more!