Monday, June 15, 2015

So I met this guy... :)

I know it's been ages since I've blogged. Life has taken me for quite the ride the last 8 months or so. I think in the past I've expressed a little bit of my concerns and frustrations with dating since I shared my story a little over a year ago. Well those concerns didn't really go away until I met Jeff... 



Jeff was an unexpected "blind date" that turned my world completely upside down from the first day I "met" him. (in the best way, of course)

Today I would like to share a little bit of our story.  :)

To paint a better picture for all of you here's a little bit of a back story on my life at this point.

Last fall I was working full time, taking a 15 credit hour semester, and working in the temple once a week for roughly 5 hours. Needless to say I had little to no free time. I had just moved out of the apartment complex I had lived at for years. A place where I LOVED my ward, my bishop is still a father figure in my life, I was surrounded by friends that made my social life great. This was the same ward that ended up getting a group of 35 people together and going on a cruise last year. To say the least the decision to move was heart breaking and a hard one to make.

When I posted my interest in finding a new place to live I had one of my cute friends contact me to tell me she was renting a house in Orem and wanted to know if I would be interested in joining. I saw the house and fell in love, it was darling in every way.  An older home that was remodeled in a way to keep the cute antique look. I moved in shortly after and had no clue what it would do to my social life. Automatically when you move from apartments to a house it's harder to have that social scene of constantly hanging out because the convenience is now gone. Not to mention I knew no one in my ward or in my new neighborhood, and to make things better everyone I lived with had a serious boyfriend. Fun right?! :)

So due to all of these new crazy fun changes in my life; long hours at work, crazy load of homework and being in the least social part of Orem. I decided to give Tinder a try.

Throughout my single life I had tried tinder a few times here and there but it never lasted longer than like a week or two max. I would loose all hope in men and in society for that matter. I had a married men contact me and ask me if I was interested in a threesome with him and his wife, and a lot of tactless pick up lines. Are all people on Tinder bad, heavens no! There were a couple of generally good men I met on Tinder and they were the reason I decided to give it one last try.

I met Jeff on Tinder that same day I downloaded the app. It was someday in September roughly before my birthday. (we both wish we could figure out the exact day but haven't been able to) I didn't really think much of it because he was a little older than anyone I had ever dated, he was Asian (which I never really saw myself dating an Asian) and I was pretty sure he wasn't a member of my church. He was a safe friend, that's what I told myself. We talked almost all day every day asking questions back and forth. His idea, but little did he know the question game was something I had used many times in the past. I was impressed and it became a "brownie point" for him. We have this little " disagreement" going on. He says that one of the first times we talked he asked me out but I don't remember that at all. In fact until later on in our relationship when we talked in more detail about this I was completely clueless of what conversation he was referring to. I briefly remember the conversation and yet we to this day remember it differently. :)  He sneakily asked for my number about a week or so into talking. The funny thing is at this point I deleted the app and had re-downloaded it to deactivate my account. A part of me was curious if this cute Asian boy had tried talking to me. I ended up looking before I deactivated it and before I did I saw his message. I gave him my number and deleted my account. We text every day all day for over 2 months. I was talking to this guy more than anyone else in my life and yet I had never met him. I basically had to convince him to ask me out at that point, he says its because he was so scared from me turning him down before. haha whatever.

Our first date was Friday November 14th 2014 right after my first shift at the temple. :)

For more of our story stay tuned... :)