Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Day 9 & 10

#Day10 | Favorite Quote | 





I know this isn't a quote but this poem has gotten me through so many hard times. I can't read this poem without getting emotional because this perfectly defines how I got through my pregnancy and placement. People ask me all the time, how did you do it? And the best answer I could give is, "I" didn't... During the journey I had many times when I felt very alone and wondered why God left me. When I look back I know this poem proves to be true.. He was carrying me when I couldn't stand.


‪#‎Day9‬ | Support | 
I've been extremely blessed with the amount of support I have received throughout my journey. My mom has always been there to love and support, my sister Helga and her husband opened their hearts and their home to me. I've had two bishops who have become like fathers to me, their support has brought me to where I am today! I'm so grateful for them and love each of them and their families dearly! My siblings have been wonderful and I love each of them for their unique ways of supporting me. I had a few friends that I "trusted" with my story that were expressed their love and support. Holly was a main support for those first few years. Often times she was the only one who could make me feel better. When I had a rough day, I knew I could call her and we would talk and she would send me pictures of Lillian, which always made me feel better. I'm so grateful for those rough days that strengthened our friendship! Since I've shared my story I've been blessed with an endless amount of support from a wonderful Birthmom community, from friends, family and even strangers. But above all, my biggest support was from a man who has never left my side. A man who, when everyone else was gone, he was there! To hold me when I cried, and to guide me when I was ready. In my highest of highs and lowest of lows I felt my Savior's presence!