Friday, November 21, 2014

Day 7 & 8


‪#‎Day8‬ | Adoptive Couple | 




This was the very first picture I saw of Lillian's parents. Aren't they cute?! I couldn't adore them more! For you birth moms out there you know the almost routine like searching through profiles. You edit the search to what you've decided is important to you and you read over every profile that stands out to you. Well I did that, for months.. I was to the point I could recognize who was new because I knew my options so well. I had given up hope due to the lack of time I had left. I couldn't imagine how I could possibly find the right couple in such a short amount of time. I went weeks without looking at profiles due to discouraging events. I remember one morning I woke up and prayed my heart out, I had just had a long, incredible scripture study and decided I would give it another shot. This was the very first picture on the list of profiles. I emotionally read through their profile and contacted them instantly. Here's our timeline.. We first exchanged emails on a Wednesday, met on the following Monday, that Wednesday I threw a baby shower telling them they were going to be parents and on the following Monday they were. Within 12 days, that's crazy, I know. But I get emotional even thinking about how much the lord was guiding me through these times. His hands were very much involved in finding this wonderful couple and placing their daughter into their arms. I instantly fell in love with them and to this day that love continues to grow! They are two of my best friends and I'm so grateful for our friendship and the fantastic parents they are!


#‎Day7‬ | That Plus Sign | 



The pregnancy test I took was not a plus sign, it was one similar to this. I remember the night very well. I was at my boyfriends house and we had agreed that I would take the test that night. We suspected I was pregnant but I refused to admit it. I just knew my period would come and to give it one more day. After postponing it as much as I could. We agreed I would take it the next time I went to the bathroom. I held it for hours, refusing to admit I had to go. Deep down inside I knew what it would say but I wasn't ready for the confirmation. After taking the test and seeing it was positive I couldn't breath. I knew that no matter if I decided to parent or place my life was about to change forever.