Friday, March 25, 2016

I almost lost you!

I know it's been far too long since I've posted last. Today you were on my to-do list. I needed to renew my domain because I kept getting emails telling me my domain was about to expire. Well I called in and they told me that I waited too long and I will now have to pay $80 on top of my renewal fee. Crazy right!?

For a moment I thought about what I was going to do. I can't afford to pay $95 just to renew my blog but I couldn't lose my blog either. This blog holds a special place in my heart. This was the first place I shared my story and I couldn't just let someone else take my domain. SoI decided I would fight for you! :)

I talked to a very nice lady and explained my situation and how I just had a baby and how I haven't been checking my emails as regularly because she takes up all of my time. The lady put me on the hold to see what she could do and after a few minutes she was able to wave the fee.

With going through that experience I've decided to rededicate myself to my blog. I've talked about being consistent for so long. But then I got engaged and started planning a wedding. Then I got pregnant and I had a really tough pregnancy. Where I was sick for the first 23 weeks and dealing with preterm labor pains for the rest of the 40 weeks. Not to mention at the same time I was taking 18 credit hours and working part time. Oh and don't forget I was a new wife who was trying to get her house in order. (just a little on my plate) :)

But after today I realized there's always going to be something. Because I've always told myself I will start a blog or be consistent in my posts when I'm a stay at home mom. Well I have carried that title for the last 2 1/2 months and I will tell you that it has not given me more time. My time is just taken up by other things. So instead of waiting for the perfect time I'm going to make now the perfect time!

Thanks for staying with me and I'm excited to update you on all the things that have changed in my life and share more parts of my adoption story.

Stay tuned :)
-Heidi