Friday, July 29, 2016

A quote that put me to tears!

How many of you have heard of Al Carraway (AKA: Al Fox)? If you haven't I encourage you to check her out! She will bless your life and bring so much light into it.

I've had the opportunity to meet Al a couple of times and each time I was blown away by the spirit she carries. I adore her personality, her dedication to God and her kindness. I've followed her on facebook, Instagram and her blog for the last few years. I love seeing her posts pop up on my news feed because they always make me want to be better, be happier and do more! She knows exactly how to word things to touch people! She speaks with power and is very real!

Why am I telling you this? Well I was gifted her book for Christmas this last year and I'm finally finding time to read it. I've stayed up the last couple of nights for hours reading because I haven't wanted to put it down. I'm in LOVE! I want to share with you a quote I just read that put me to tears.

"Life is what we do, not what we say we'll do or what we wait around for. God can't help and bless us if we are not moving and if we are not trying. This is a gospel of action, of doing, sharing, growing, and overcoming. It's all about becoming better, more like our Savior. It's about trusting His ways and doing things you never thought you could. As we increase our efforts and just try, we will better understand and personally see how loving and powerful Heavenly Father truly is. We will be able to see our potential and be surprised where we end up in life, receiving and enjoying in abundance the greatest things in life. God does care. Do not get discouraged. It will come, and it will be incredible."

Now why did I share that specific quote with you?

Because I, like many of you have wondered where God's hand was in my life. If you've read any of my previous posts you know that I'm a birthmom. A title I never wanted to carry. I was in a very unhealthy relationship I couldn't get out of on my own. I tried several times. God knew that I could do it for her, for that sweet angel I was now in charge of. And I did. Life didn't get easier after placement. Not even close. In my mind I was going to move to Provo, I'd get involved in the social scene of college, get fit, make a ton of friends, date like crazy, meet the one, fall in love and have my happily ever after. Oh how I was wrong. I had a great experience living in Provo for the many years that I did and I met a lot of wonderful people and had some amazing adventures. But I didn't meet the one. In fact I rarely dated. I tried over and over again  to go on a mission and was told over and over again no. My two biggest desires weren't going anywhere and that was incredibly difficult to swallow. I was doing everything I was suppose to and more. I basically lived at the temple because that was the one place I could find peace. I spent countless hours in and in front of Provo temple bawling, pleading for these two righteous desires. I never understood why the answer was no, not now Heidi. I would cry it out in front of the temple and then moved forward. Making the most of my life in the best way I knew how. Then when I least expected it I met Jeff. If any of you have met my sweet husband you know how great he is. He was my rainbow after a heck of a lot of rainy days. As I read quotes like the one I shared with you above I just bawl. God does KNOW you! He is aware of you! I promise you that! It may not feel that way now, and it may not feel that for years down the road. But it's true! He wants your happiness more than you do. Just have to hold on a little longer, keep moving forward! He's waiting to bless you. If you try, if you move forward in faith, blessings will come!